Byford Footprints Community Care
Each Friday morning from 9am to 2pm, a group of community support persons get together to enjoy a helping atmosphere; at the same time contributing support to those in crisis:
The activity supports those effected by domestic violence , community policing, and several other areas of need from Fremantle to Cunderdin to Waroona.
- A second hand/recycling shop operates in parallel with the craft group which provides items for ongoing crisis care in the community and local hospital.
- Drop in for a chat and cup of tea between 9am to around 2pm on Fridays.
- Donations suitable for those in crisis will be thoughtfully recycled. Items ready for the tip will not be accepted.
- The friendly environment allows you to help others by offering help to the crisis care team.
- Many thanks for those providing goods for the crisis care use or for on selling – which provides funds for wider crisis care activities.
- Many thanks for those already helping with sewing and craft, providing tea and coffee.
Note that dumping of refuse is illegal, a burden to volunteers and is unfair to those in need by taking away efforts to benefit those disadvantaged. Call Evan on 0412776776 for further information.
Byford - Container for Sudan Village
Watch this space; Byford Uniting Church works with the congregation of the Four Square Church to provide practical assistance for African migrants in the local community. Discussion has commenced relating to an arrangement where items such as bicycles are planned to be collected and shipped in a container to a needy community in central Africa. Bicycles are being collected and arrangements are in progress to proccure a suitable container.
Byford – Second Hand High School Uniforms
Discussions are in place with the Byford Secondary College chaplain for Byford Uniting Church to offer an outlet for second hand uniforms for those struggling with education costs.
Currently second hand uniforms for Serpentine Jarrahdale Grammar School are passed to Byford Anglican Church for distribution to those in need.
A strong and supportive AA group operates at the Mundijong Heritage Uniting Church and community garden. Please phone Steve ( 95259347) or Kaz (0418 960 044) for information
Mundijong Mosaics Matters
This group enjoys meeting and creating Monday mornings during school terms at the Mundijong Heritage Uniting Church. Please phone information contact Samantha 0448 520 312.
Historic Hall And Garden Hire
The Mundijong community has worked hard to provide a pleasant environment for meeting and functions. The working group are pleased to have community interest in hiring the hall. Please phone Marilyn Marsden on 95259347 if you are interested.