The Uniting Church is organised by groups of women and men, lay and ordained, consulting together and making decisions by consensus in each area of the church’s life. The moderator of the Uniting Church in Western Australia serves as a spiritual and pastoral leader of the church for a three year term.
The first moderator of the Uniting Church in Western Australia was Sir Ronald Wilson, a well-respected lay member of the Uniting Church. Ronald also went on to become the first lay president of the National Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- Rev Steve Francis is the current moderator of the Uniting Church Western Australia, serving until September 2017. Steve’s theme for his term as moderator is ‘Toward healing and wholeness through faith, hope and love.’
- Rev David de Kock currently serves as the general secretary of the Uniting Church Western Australia. The general secretary is responsible to General Council and manages all aspects of the operation of the church.
- Rev Dr Ian Tozer is the Deputy General Secretary of the Uniting Church Western Australia and serves as the Secretary of the Presbytery of Western Australia.
- Rev Lorraine Stokes is the Chairperson of the Presbytery of Western Australia.
For a complete listing our our leaders and office bearers, please visit:
- Synod & Joint Bodies Nominating Committee November 2016 (Ammended 12 June 2017)
- Presbytery & Joint Bodies Nominating Committee November 2016 – Approved Presbytery May 2017 (Uploaded 25 May 2017)