We are a Uniting Church congregation created, in the late 1970s and early 1980s, by the coming together of the Congregational, Presbyterian and Methodist congregations in the Albany area.
The Uniting Church in Albany region consists of five congregations, committed to promoting Jesus Christ within our homes, in our community and throughout the world.
Scots Uniting Church
Scots Uniting Church (above photo), was originally known as the Scots Presbyterian Church. The church is located on York Street, the main street through the centre of Albany.
Built to a Victorian Academic Gothic style, it is mostly constructed of finely crafted local granite and topped with a corrugated iron roof.
The Foundation Stone was laid by P. H. Nicholson Esq. on 25th November, 1891, with the building completed and opened in March 1892. The total cost of the building was £1416.
Wesley Church is a Uniting Church located on Duke Street overlooking Princess Royal Harbour in Albany in the Great Southern region of Western Australia.
Initially known as the Wesley Methodist Church it was built in a late Victorian style in 1890 at a cost of £2,695.
Foundation stone photo source: Gordon Stuart @ www.mingor.net