The Uniting Church in Australia was formed in 1977, with the amalgamation of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational Churches and is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. Find out more about us here.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join the Business and Finance team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth. This is a permanent, full-time opportunity.
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Preparation of monthly Financial Reports;
- Preparation of the Annual Budget;
- Preparation for the Annual Audit;
- Daily processing and management of Trust & Special Purpose receipts, payments and journals;
- Monthly reporting and reconciliation of all Trust & Special Purpose accounts, Balance Sheets and Profit & Loss;
- Setup and maintain audit reporting of GENI, our Accounting database, for Trust & Special Purpose and Other Entities;
- Daily processing and management of accounts and balance sheets;
- Working closely with the Manager Investments to provide backup for the Investments Fund processing; and
- Provide reports for various boards and committee meetings as requested
Reporting directly to the CFO, this ‘hands on’ position offers an opportunity for someone with a demonstrated accounting and finance background and a focus on detail to make this role their own. There is scope to grow the role beyond the basics.
As part of a small team, the Assistant Accountant will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of general accounting practices and principles and will have at least 3 years’ of general accounting experience. They also need to hold a degree in Accounting or a related field and CA/CPA accreditation (or working towards).
The right candidate will also possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, be organised, able to use initiative to solve problems, and enjoy working autonomously whilst being a team player. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office software especially) is also essential for this role.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
The closing date for applications is 1 September at 5pm. To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Advisor, at HR@wa.uca.org.au
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Employee Vacancies|