POSITION TITLE: Board Member (3 positions)
TERM: 3-year term of office, option for reappointment
APPOINTED BY: Assembly Standing Committee
REMUNERATION: $7,000 per annum, including superannuation (where not otherwise employed in the Uniting Church or one of its agencies)
UnitingCare Australia is the national body for the Uniting Church’s community services network and an agency of the Assembly of the Uniting Church in Australia.
Our community services network is one of the largest providers of community services in Australia. With over 1,600 sites, the network employs 40,000 staff and is supported by the work of over 30,000 volunteers.
UnitingCare Australia’s purpose is to give voice to the Uniting Church’s commitment to social justice through advocacy, public policy development and strengthening community service provision.
The Board Member will, with the Board Chair and other Board Members, oversee the mission, vision and strategic direction of UnitingCare Australia and the effective governance of the organisation.
Knowledge and skills
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to UnitingCare Australia, its mission, values and purpose and the network it leads
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the faith-based context of UnitingCare Australia
- Exhibit strong interpersonal and relationship building abilities
- Have experience of not-for-profit governance and the ability to be able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to commit time to conduct the role well
We seek applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people with lived experience of accessing support services and those with expertise in communications, media or government relations.
Employees of Uniting Church community service organisations will not be considered.
- Email related enquiries to Ms Claerwen Little, National Director, UnitingCare Australia at [email protected]
- Expressions of Interest addressing the criteria in the Position Description to Mr Geoff Batkin, Chair of the Board Nominations Committee – [email protected]
- Download the position description here
- Applications close COB Monday, 7 September 2020.
|Job Category||Ministry Vacancies Jobs Closed|