Executive Officer – eLM (equipping Leadership for Mission)
- Challenge and satisfaction
- Faith and deep purpose
- Motivated and passionate team
About the role
This significant leadership role provides missional leadership across the equipping Leadership for Mission (eLM) unit and the Synod, to encourage the living out of the Church’s life and mission, and in fostering key aspects of the Synod’s Strategic Framework.
This role will lead by inviting the unit and the wider Church to express faith, hope, and love in mission and discipleship, which is characterised by encouraging and equipping councils and other parts of the Church within Victoria and Tasmania to share in the Church’s life.
Leading a team of skilled professionals, the Executive Officer will assume a range of strategic and operational responsibilities, bring a theological perspective to the eLM operational strategies, and oversee the stream/team outcomes, goals and actions.
As a member of the Synod Ministries & Operations Senior Leadership Team, this role works collaboratively with the General Secretary and other Executive Officers to further the Synod’s overall roles and responsibilities. The role reports directly to the General Secretary.
For a more detailed description of the responsibilities of the role, please see the position description.
About you (Key Selection Criteria)
To secure this role you will have:
- Education: Tertiary qualification or equivalent in theology or a related discipline.
- Additional tertiary qualifications related to leadership, psychology, community development, education, management, business administration, and/or related fields at graduate level will be highly regarded.
- Experience: Proven experience and achievements in: executive leadership; and/or senior management; and/or senior conciliar roles within the Church.
- Knowledge: sound understanding of the Uniting Church in Australia and its polity, policies, structures, systems, and processes.
- Committed Christian: Maintains active membership within a UCA congregation/faith community.
The Uniting Church in Australia is the third-largest church in Australia and a leading presence in the not-for-profit sector. The UCA is deeply committed to faith, justice and the community, and is one of the largest national providers of community services outside of Government.
We are a vibrant, people-focused team that recognises the talent and dedication of our employees. As an employer, UCA values justice, inclusion, compassion, shared leadership, respect, integrity, wise stewardship and innovation.
We offer a professional and friendly work environment with great staff benefits.
The Synod is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First Peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, disability, and sexual orientation.
The Synod is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. The successful candidate is required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct. The successful candidate will also require a Working with Children Check.
- Essential: If successful in gaining this role are you willing to sign a Child Safe Code of Conduct, complete Child Safe training and obtain a Working with Children Check where required?
- Essential: If successful in gaining this role are you willing to undergo a criminal history check?
- Essential: If successful in gaining this role, are you willing to work within the values of the organisation?
Contact Person: Kathryn D’Alessandro
Contact Number: (03) 9116 1423
Contact Email: Kathryn.D’Alessandro@victas.uca.org.au
How to Apply:
Application for this role is via the Synod of Victoria and Tasmania website.
Applications are invited by 5.00pm, Sunday, 16 January 2022.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
|Job Category||Ministry Vacancies Jobs Open Other Synods|