An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant to join the Education and Formation team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Presbytery of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
The role is reporting to the Director of Education and Formation and working closely with other members of the Education and Formation Team and the Commission for Education for Discipleship and Leadership (CEDAL)
This is a permanent, full-time opportunity (with three months’ probation).
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Providing general administrative support to the Director and the team
- Support of Formation panels (student panels)
- Organising, recording minutes and providing general administrative support for CEDAL meetings.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained of the meetings of CEDAL and all its sub-committees and that they are archived as needed.
- Booking venues, arranging catering, setting up and organising cleaning for CEDAL events.
- Ensuring that all invoices relating to events are paid and preparing reports on the financial performance of each event
- Attending events as requested to provide administration support
- Organising publicity, advertising and promotion of CEDAL activities in cooperation with the Marketing and Communications Unit
- Providing general financial administration support as required
- Working and contributing to a successful, participatory team environment
As part of a small team, the PA to Director of Education and Formation will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, effective time management skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
They must have knowledge of and experience with event management, minute taking and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
The closing date for applications is Monday, 7 June 2021 at 9.00am (or sooner if a suitable candidate is identified). To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you consider you are the best candidate for this role, together with your resume, to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Advisor, at people&[email protected]
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Employee Vacancies Closed|