The Uniting Church in Australia was formed in 1977, with the amalgamation of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational Churches and owns a large, diverse and dynamic property portfolio distributed throughout metropolitan and regional WA.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Property and Facilities Co-ordinator to join the Property Team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
The Property team assists Uniting Church Instrumentalities in Western Australia to sell, purchase, extend, refurbish, maintain and lease church property. The role is reporting to the Senior Property Manager and working closely with other members of the Property and Resources teams.
This is a full time permanent opportunity.
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Maintenance of the property database and record management
- Property transaction compliance with Landgate and Office of State Revenue guidelines and regulations, and Uniting Church internal protocols
- Administrative support to committees and meetings
- Preparation and review of lease documentation and reports
- Attending to enquiries and requests including telephone and email communications
- Assisting with the preparation of grant applications and the acquittal of grant funding
- Assisting with the development, documentation and implementation of procedures and processes
- Liaise with Local Government authorities in relation to property matters.
- Liaise with contractors (construction and maintenance) as required.
- Processing account payment authorisations to Accounts Department.
As part of a small team, the Property and Facilities Co-ordinator will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of the regulatory environment applying to residential and commercial property and will have at least 5 years’ of property administration experience.
Experience in preparation and settlement of lease, purchase, sale and other property contract and tenure documentation is essential.
They need to be adaptable, with experience of working in dynamic environments and will need to have some flexibility with regard to working hours, as attendance at out-of-hours meetings will occasionally be required.
A valid Western Australian Drivers Licence is essential as travel within WA may be occasionally required.
The right candidate will also possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, be organised, able to use initiative to solve problems, and enjoy working autonomously whilst being a team player. Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office software especially) is also essential for this role.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
The closing date for applications is 16 June, 5.00pm. To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Advisor, at HR@wa.uca.org.au
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
|Job Category||Employee Vacancies|