School Chaplain – Moora, Western Australia
YouthCARE currently has a vacancy for a school chaplain in the town of Moora, Western Australia. This position can be fulltime or part-time and a travel allowance will also be considered if necessary. YouthCARE school chaplains work in state schools to care for the social, emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing of students, families and staff. This support helps students achieve their potential, both academically and in their social and family lives. Chaplains come with diverse skillsets, professional backgrounds and cultures and YouthCARE work with each school to ensure the best possible fit.
The Department of Education’s minimum required qualification is an equal or higher qualification than below. This list is not exhaustive and equivalent qualifications may be considered – contact us to discuss your particular situation:
- Certificate IV Youth Work or
- Certificate IV Pastoral Care or
- Certificate IV Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care
- Certificate IV or above that is part of the Community Service Training Package
Or a qualification that is listed on, or consistent with, the requirements for membership of, or registration with one of the following bodies:
- Psychology Board of Australia: PBA approved courses
- Australian Association of Social Workers: AASW accredited courses
- Teacher Registration Board: TRB accredited courses
- Australian Counselling Association: ACA accredited courses
- Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia: NWBOA accredited courses
- Some ministry associated qualifications – contact us to discuss your specific qualifications
In addition, the above-listed qualifications must include the following units. If it does not include these units we may be able to assist with gaining them, contact us to discuss.
- CHCCC6016 – Respond to client needs
- CHCMH001 – Work with people with mental health issues
The closing date for applications is 5.00pm, Friday 30 April 2021. To apply, please visit the YouthCARE website – https://www.youthcare.org.au/get-involved/work-with-us/.
Further Information – For any further information regarding this position, please contact Jon Spurgeon, Youthcare Area Chaplain, phone: 0418 785 704 or email: [email protected].
|Job Category||Ministry Vacancies Jobs Open WA|