Expressions of interest are invited from Ministers of the Word or Deacons, Pastors or applicants who hold comparable educational and theological training to fill a vacant placement within the Presbytery of Western Australia (WA).
About the Role
The Education Co-ordinator (Ordained Ministries and PTH Principal) will provide innovative and creative leadership within the Perth Theological Hall (PTH), including the organisation and co-ordination of education and formation for candidates for ordained ministries (Phase 2) and for ministry agents in Phase 3. This position will have a key role in reshaping education and formation in the Uniting Church in WA.
The Education Co-ordinator (Ordained Ministries and PTH Principal) will contribute to the life of the Uniting Church in WA, in the following ways:
- planning and co-ordinating the education and formation for candidates for ordained ministries (Phase 2), and exploring other models and resources, and partnerships with Uniting Church in Australia (UCA) theological colleges and faculty.
- developing and co-ordinating a program for ministry agents in Phase 3; and
- assessing needs and providing required training for ministers seeking admission to the UCA.
- Relates to: Commission for Education for Discipleship and Leadership (CEDAL, the Ministerial Education Board in WA), CEDAL Education Co-ordinator (Lay and Continuing Education) and Administration Assistant, other Presbytery and Synod staff, other Presbytery and Synod Committees, members of the wider Uniting Church, other education boards and theological colleges in the UCA.
- Reports to: This position is accountable to and reports to the Chairperson of CEDAL. This position will be a permanent member of CEDAL and the Faculty Sub-Committee of the Perth Theological Hall.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in theology.
- Demonstrated commitment to ministry and mission in the UCA, and education and formation for ministry.
- Experience in an adult education context, and planning and delivering educational programs.
- Familiarity with contemporary church and ministry contexts within the UCA, and trends.
- Ability to work collaboratively as a team member, and to effectively delegate responsibilities.
- Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to facilitate and contribute to strategic discussions.
- Member of the UCA, and commitment to the Basis of Union, to the Code of Ethics and Ministry Practice of the UCA, and to the consultative, inter-conciliar, multicultural, and ecumenical ethos of the UCA.
- Knowledge of the structure and polity of the UCA.
To express interest or request more information including a more detailed Position Description, please email Hannes Halgryn at firstname.lastname@example.org, mobile: 0418-718-939.
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter, as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.
Application Closing Date : 31 October 2022