An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Facilities professional to join the Property Services team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA.
Reporting to the Executive Officer: Property, the Facilities Supervisor will support the Property Services team with managing a diverse property portfolio across Perth and regional Western Australia. You will be a highly organised individual with keen attention to detail and an ability to work within a fluid work environment.
- Be the primary contact for assisting with the management, maintenance and repairs of the Uniting Church assets;
- Contractor Management – Liaise with contractors to provide planned and corrective maintenance;
- Support and oversee programs of works including minor & major works projects;
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications, tender evaluations and works programs;
- Preparation of correspondence, lease documentation and reports;
- Provide support with property inspections, condition assessments and attend sites as required;
- Maintain property systems & databases, including the rationalisation of archived documentation;
- Knowledge of industry best practice, building codes, legislative requirements relating to facilities management;
- Attending to enquiries and requests including telephone and email communications;
- Developing documentation and implementation of procedures and processes; and
- Attend various committee meetings as needed, noting some meetings may be outside of normal business hours.
What are we looking for?
- A sound demonstrated knowledge of the regulatory environment applying to residential and small commercial properties;
- At least 5 years’ experience in the management and maintenance of diverse property portfolios;
- Excellent attention to detail, be proactive and an ability to identify and troubleshoot emerging issues;
- Possess highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, be organised, able to use initiative to solve problems;
- Intermediate computer skills across the Microsoft Suite, including a developed understanding of data management utilising Microsoft excel;
- Flexibility about working hours, as attendance at out-of-hours meetings will occasionally be required; and
- Accounting experience with P&L management is desirable, but not essential;
- As part of a small team, the Facilities Supervisor will need to be flexible to support other members of the team when and as needed.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you believe you are the right candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
While there is no closing date for applications, we will be reviewing applications as they are received, and will be deciding when we believe we have the right candidate.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.