Applications are invited for a part-time Pastor to fill a vacant position at the South Mandurah Uniting Church.
About the role
The Pastor of the South Mandurah Uniting Church (SMUC) is a leadership role within the congregation, which is to help equip the congregation spiritually, physically and emotionally as they fulfil the mission of God in their community. It is for two days per week with an initial review one year from commencement.
- Work closely with the key leaders/contributors of the congregation to consolidate and strengthen the vision and strategy of SMUC.
- Pastorally care for the leaders and help them nurture the congregation’s spiritual health and encourage mutual pastoral care.
- Help equip members of the congregation with practical ways/tools to live out and share their faith.
Reporting and Key Relationships
- The person will report to the Leadership team (Church Council). They will be expected to attend (in person or via electronic communication) monthly Leadership Team meetings and provide a report to the Leadership Team on their activities for that time period.
- Members and leaders of SMUC.
- Presbytery of Western Australia.
About the Role
The congregation is searching for a pastor who is able to:
- Faithfully and diligently perform the duties and exercise the powers consistent with your position as assigned to you.
- Comply with all lawful directions given to you by any person duly authorised.
- Use your best endeavours to promote and enhance the interests, welfare, business, growth and reputation of the Church.
- At all times act to a high standard of professional behaviour.
- Devote the whole of your time, attention and skill during your working hours to your duties;
- Not act, or be seen to be acting, in conflict with the best interests of the Church.
- In accordance with Uniting Church Regulation 2.2.2 Lay Ministry is for the purpose of undertaking one or more of the following tasks:
- Teaching the beliefs and practices of the church.
- Pastoral oversight of members and groups operating under the auspices of the Uniting Church.
- Leadership of worship in congregations or faith communities of the church.
- Evangelism or service beyond the gathered congregation but which is exercised under the auspices of the Uniting Church.
This position has particular emphasis on development by equipping the South Mandurah Uniting Church congregation for works of service.
Educational and professional requirements
- Work within the doctrine, ethos and polity of the Uniting Church in Australia (UCA) including understanding of the Basis of Union
- Work within the UCA Code of Ethics and Ministry Practice for people engaged in professional ministry and the Sexual Misconduct Regulations of the UCA
- Complete and retain current approvals and adherence to:
- Working with Children’s Check
- National Police Clearance
- Uniting Church Lay Ministry Code of Ethics
- Uniting Church Employment Policies
- Be willing to fulfil the requirements to be a Pastor of the Uniting Church
To express interest or request more information including a more detailed Position Description, please email Raelyn Punch (chairperson) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.
Application Closing Date: Monday, 20 February 2023