The Uniting Church in Australia was formed in 1977, with the amalgamation of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational Churches.
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Administrator to join the Presbytery Team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Presbytery of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
The role is reporting to the Executive Officer of the Presbytery and will work closely with other members of the Presbytery Team. This is a six (6) Month Maximum-Term, Part-time (0.5 FTE) opportunity, with the possibility of extension.
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Providing general administrative support to the Chair and Secretary of Presbytery
- Providing administration support for the organisation of Presbytery meetings, including liaising with venues, organising technology and handling registrations
- Distributing agendas, recording minutes and providing general administrative support for various Presbytery Meetings.
- Maintaining the data base of the Uniting Church in WA on an ongoing basis, ensuring that information is correct and up to date.
- Working and contributing to a successful, participatory team environment
As part of a small team, the Presbytery Committee Support Administrator will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, effective time management skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
They must have knowledge of and experience with event management, minute taking and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate for this specific role and why you would like to work for a Christian organisation, together, with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Manager, at email@example.com
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30 June 2023 at 5pm.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.