Expressions of interest are invited from Ministers of the Word/Deacons to fill a vacant placement within the Presbytery of Western Australia.
About the Role
The Presbytery Minister (Pastoral) will ensure the health and vitality of ministers as well as congregations, ministering alongside members of the Pastoral Relations Committee within the Presbytery in their tasks of pastoral oversight.
- To resource the Pastoral Relations Committee (PRC) to fulfil their responsibilities
- To collaborate with all stakeholders to coordinate a holistic and systematic approach for prevention, healthy practice and crisis management for the pastoral care of congregations and for all those serving in ministry
- To collaborate with staff and committees to ensure effective and timely information flow
- To develop, evaluate and review policies and procedures to assist best practices
- To ensure the Presbytery Standing Committee (PSC) is resourced for informed decision making and to make recommendations in matters relating to PRC issues
- To provide oversight of record keeping
- To ensure a holistic and systematic approach for preventative and healthy practices, as well as crisis management for the pastoral care of congregations and all those serving in ministry
About the Role
Relates to: Pastoral Relations Committee; Chairperson and members of the PRC, Members of Presbytery Committees, Presbytery support Administrator, Presbytery staff, Placements Commission.
Reports to: This position is accountable to the Chairperson of the PRC for performance but works with the Presbytery Resource Team under the leadership of the Presbytery Officer.
- Ordained Minister of the Word or Deacon of the Uniting Church
- A driving commitment to discipleship and Christ’s mission in the world
- The ability to work as a team member
- A commitment to work ecumenically
- Demonstrate a high level of personal work organisation, time management and work priority setting in a complex environment.
- Gifted in mediation, advocacy and conflict resolution
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, credibility, trust and integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Evidence of sound knowledge of the structure and polity of the Uniting Church
- An “A” class driving licence as there will be a need to travel to congregations
To express interest or request more information, including a more detailed Position Description, please contact Hannes Halgryn by mobile: 0418-718-939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.