Expressions of interest are invited from Ministers of the Word, Deacons, or Lay Persons to fill a vacant 0.5 position within the Uniting Church, Presbytery of Western Australia.
About the Role
The Presbytery Officer is to provide support to the Presbytery Standing Committee and to oversee the leadership and management of the Presbytery staff team.
- To create and maintain a sense of team work amongst all Presbytery staff.
- To provide day to day management and administrative oversight of Presbytery staff, including monitoring workload, approving expenditure and leave requests, and arranging for performance appraisals.
- To provide strategic leadership in the development of responses to the changing environment of the church and society and assist with identification of emerging threats and opportunities.
- To assist the Presbytery Chair in the organisation of Presbytery worship services.
- To assist the Presbytery Chair and Secretary with the organisation of Presbytery meetings.
- To encourage communication between Presbytery Committees and Networks and staff.
- To attend meetings of Presbytery and Presbytery Standing Committee
Structure of the Role
- Relates to: Chair and Secretary of Presbytery, Staff of the Presbytery and Synod, Chairs and Committees of the Presbytery, Convenors of Networks.
- Reports to: This position is accountable to the Chairperson of the Presbytery and reports to Presbytery Standing Committee.
- Member of the Uniting Church lay or ordained.
- Strong commitment to the consultative, inter-conciliar, ecumenical ethos of the Uniting Church.
- Strong commitment to work collaboratively and promote team work, creating a caring work environment
- Capacity to think theologically and strategically about the mission of the church.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate a high level of personal work organisation, time management and priority setting in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence, credibility, trust and integrity.
- Ability to show empathy and respect to different opinions and views, including theological differences.
- A current Working with Children Check and National Police Clearance
To express interest or request more information including a more detailed Position Description, please contact Rev Bev Fabb, Secretary of the Presbytery of WA by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.
Application closing date is 5.00pm, Monday 22 January 2024.