This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Receptionist/Personal Assistant to join the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA. This role is reporting to the Executive Administrator and the Moderator, and will work with all staff within the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
This is a Permanent, Part-time (0.8 FTE) opportunity.
About the Role
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Ensuring reception is open for business each morning
- Meeting and greeting of clients/volunteers/visitors and staff
- Answering and announcing all calls
- Booking couriers, receiving, signing and distributing deliveries
- Distributing and sorting Incoming mail/organising postage of outgoing mail
- Ensuring reception area is kept neat and presentable
- Ordering and organising catering when required
- Managing maintenance of office machinery and ordering of consumables
- Day –to –day duties as required by the Moderator
- Diary management for the Moderator
- Correspondence In and Out for the Moderator
As part of a small team, the Receptionist/PA will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, effective time management skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
They must have knowledge of and experience with front facing reception roles and the ability to handle conflicting priorities.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
The closing date for applications is 7 January 2024. To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why you believe you are the best candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Manager, at email@example.com. If you would like further information about the role please contact us on (08) 9260 9800.
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.
Please note only short-listed candidates will be contacted.