Expressions of interest are invited from Ministers of the Word / Deacon, Pastor, or applicants who hold comparable educational and theological training to fill a vacant placement within the Presbytery of Western Australia.
About the Role
The Children and Families, Youth and Young Adults Co-Ordinator will work with the Presbytery to ensure efficient execution of our ministry model, including support of Second Gen young people from CALD congregations.
The Children and Families, Youth and Young Adults Co-Ordinator will contribute to the life of Uniting Church communities in the following ways:
- developing networks that assist communities and champions to support each other in understanding and practicing intergenerational ministry including Second Gen ministry,
- leading, resourcing, encouraging, and promoting events and resources which enable younger people to engage with the Strategic Directions and Mission Focused Goals of the Presbytery so that all generations are included in Christian faith formation and discipleship, leadership development and engagement in mission.
- Relates to: Uniting Generations Network, Thrive Mission Committee, Commission for Education for Discipleship and Leadership (CEDAL), Multicultural Ministry Network, other staff of Presbytery and Synod, Other UCA Synod and Presbytery intergenerational ministry units.
- Reports to: This position is accountable to the Presbytery Standing Committee, working with the Convenor of the Uniting Generations Network.
- An experienced practitioner with a background in children of families, youth or young adults ministry
- The person should be a Minister of the Word, Deacon, Pastor, or hold comparable educational and theological training.
- Member of the Uniting Church in Australia or be willing to work within the ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia
- Acceptance of the Basis of Union, Regulations, Polity and Ethos of the Uniting Church including commitment to the consultative, inter-conciliar, covenantal, social justice, multicultural, and ecumenical ethos of the Uniting Church in Australia
- Willingness to work flexible hours and to be away from home occasionally when required
- Willingness to undertake further training as required
- Current Working with Children Check, Police Clearance, First Aid Certificate and Driver’s License
To express interest or request more information including a more detailed Position Description, please email Hannes Halgryn, mobile: 0418-718-939, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.
Application closing date is 30 September 2022