- Presbytery Meetings and Minutes
- Mission Toolkit
- Rules of the Presbytery
- Membership of Presbytery Committees
Subscribe to the Mission Newsletter
The Candidates for Ministries Committee has oversight of all those preparing for the ministries of Deacon, Minister of the Word or Lay Preacher.
Candidates for Ministries Committee (CMC)
- Promotes a sense of call to ministry within the congregations of the Presbytery
- Supports those who are seeking to discover God’s call through a Period of Discernment
- Accepts candidates for the ministry of Lay Preacher, appoints a Mentor to assist in their formation for this ministry, and refers them to CEDAL for the development of their competencies.
- Recommends applicants for one of the ordained ministries to the Synod Selection Panel and, if they are accepted as candidates, provides oversight and pastoral support during their period of formation.
- Recommends to Presbytery when a person is ready for ordination as a Deacon or Minister of the Word, or commissioning as a Lay Preacher. CMC may also terminate candidature if it believes this is necessary.
To find out more about how to become a minister in the Uniting Church go to the Becoming a Minister page.
CMC meets at least four times a year. Current members include:
- Chairperson – Rev Bev Fabb
- Education Co-ordinator (Ordained Ministries and PTH Principal – Rev Dr Cathie Lambert
- Members elected by Presbytery – Rev Toby Keva, Rev Anne McAndrew, Bob French, Doug Burtenshaw, Shelby Robinson
- Two co-opted members – vacant
If you would like to know more about the Candidates for Ministries (CMC) Committee, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.