The Uniting Church in Australia is committed to providing safe places where people are cared for, nurtured and sustained. The Uniting Church dedicates itself to the care, protection and safety of all people relating to its congregations, agencies and schools.
As a Christian community, we believe that God reaches out to us in love and acceptance and that our relationships with each other should express love, care and respect.
As a community of faith, we are committed to providing safe environments for all people, particularly the vulnerable, so that they may live life in all its fullness.
Culture of Safety Mission
Our mission is to promote a culture of safety within the Uniting Church Western Australia, make amends for past wrongs and do no further harm.
We do this through:
- Advocating and providing protection and safe-guarding measures for all vulnerable members of our church communities
- Responding to complaints of past abuse in a trauma-informed way
- Providing redress and direct personal responses to survivors and victims of child sexual abuse
- Implementing Safe Church principles, policies, practices and a comprehensive training programme
- Professional Standards best practices and compliance structures
- Maintaining a comprehensive archive and records storage retrieval system
Executive Officer Culture of Safety
Culture of Safety Reseach Officer
Culture of Safety Admin Support Officer
If you need assistance, access to Safe Church resources, or have any questions, please contact us:
Phone: (08) 9260 9800
Address: 89 Edward Street, Perth WA 6000 | GPO Box M952, Perth WA 6843