- Presbytery Meetings and Minutes
- Mission Toolkit
- Rules of the Presbytery
- Membership of Presbytery Committees
Subscribe to the Mission Newsletter
Thrive Mission Committee serves the Uniting Church Presbytery of Western Australia in areas of Mission Planning and Property.
The Thrive Mission Committee reports to the Presbytery Standing Committee.
The purpose of the Committee is to act for the Presbytery to:
- encourage, support, assist and resource the Presbytery, congregations, faith communities and other church bodies to discern and actively participate in the Mission of God in their communities;
- encourage, support, assist and resource the Presbytery, congregations, faith communities and other church bodies to give prayerful consideration and action to the Presbytery’s current strategic directions and the current Presbytery Mission Focused Goals;
- to carry out the responsibilities of the Presbytery Property Committee as detailed in Regulations 4.3 (2018 Edition).
The responsibilities of the Committee are:
- encourage, support, resource and assist congregations, faith communities and other church bodies to develop Fresh Expressions of church and to regenerate inherited forms of church which are to be intentional intergenerational and intercultural missional communities;
- source, develop or adapt appropriate training and resources (in collaboration with CEDAL) to enable greater participation by congregations, faith communities and other church bodies in the Mission of God in their communities or locations;
- encourage, support, assist and resource congregations, faith communities and other church bodies to implement and operate a congregational community service activity for the benefit of those in need of welfare or supportive services;
- carry out the responsibilities of the Property Committee according to Regulations 4.3 (2018 edition) on behalf of the Presbytery;
- assisting congregations, faith communities and other church bodies, to develop Mission Plans, providing feedback, and determining if Mission Plans are approved;
- actively participate in national and international mission-focused forums and share the knowledge garnered from such participation throughout the Presbytery;
- assist the Presbytery in the development of short-term and long-term mission- focused strategies and goals; and
- work collaboratively with all other Presbytery committees particularly CEDAL, PRC and PSC to ensure knowledge is shared, agreed goals are jointly progressed and a spirit of harmony and purpose witnesses to the Spirit of God at work.
The members of the Committee shall be elected by the Presbytery for the following initial terms to ensure continuity of collective memory
- the Chairperson elected for a three year term; and
- a maximum of 8 members elected initially as follows:
- three members elected for a one year term,
- three members elected for a two year term,
- two members elected for a three year term
returning to annual election from 2021 as terms naturally expire or places become vacant.
- Presbytery Minister (Mission) to attend and resource the Committee but not vote.
Membership of Thrive Mission Committee is currently made up of:
- Chairperson – Rev Greg Ross
- Secretary – Mrs Yvonne Robinson
- Minute secretary – Mrs Heather Hamblin
- Rev Stephen van Schalkwyk
- Yuko Tonai-Moore
- Rev Lorraine Stokes
- Rhod Wright
- David Gray
- Monika Cowell
- Rev Rob Douglas, Presbytery Minister (Mission), non-voting staff
- Rev Anne Wright, Director of Education, non-voting staff
Meeting Dates in 2023
The Thrive Mission Committee meets every second Thursday, of every second month.
- 12 January
- 10 March
- 11 May
- 13 July
- 14 September
- 9 November