The Placements Commission (PC) reports to the Synod Standing Committee.
The primary role of the commission is to:
- Determine the full list of approved placements within the bounds of the Synod (including the number and designation).
- Exercise an overview of placements having regard to the interests of the whole Church.
- Take initiative towards the deployment of available ministry to fill approved vacancies and ensure that ministry agents with particular needs are suitably placed.
- Initiate action to provide a minister for a priority placement.
- Supply relevant information to persons or bodies concerned with calling a minister
- Negotiate with other synods regarding the transfer of ministers between synods
- Oversee the work of the Ministerial Benefits Committee
- Oversee admission of ministers from other denominations and immigration inquiries.
The commission consists of the General Secretary (or nominee), three (3) Synod and five (5) Presbytery voting members who are appointed by their respective bodies. The Moderator and Associate General Secretary also serve as non-voting members. Factors such as gender, age, ethnicity, rural/urban, specialist knowledge/experience and the need for Deacons and Youth Workers are considered in order to provide a healthy balance.
The Placements Commission membership appointed by Synod and Presbytery currently include:
- General Secretary – Rev Dr Andrew William
- Chair – Rev Zak Cronjé
- Synod Member – Rev Andre Broadbent
- Synod Member – Mrs Vicki Ross
- Presbytery Member – Rev Ivan Clark
- Presbytery Member – Rev Bev Fabb (Deacon)
- Presbytery Member – Rev Alan Jeffrey
- Presbytery Member – Mrs Yuko Tonai-Moore
- Moderator – Mrs Susy Thomas
- Assoc. Gen Sec – Rev Hannes Halgryn
The Placement Commission usually meet on the 1st Thursday of every month at 5:00pm. For more details or confirmation of specific meeting dates, please contact Rev Hannes Halgryn.
- Placements Commission Bylaw (Uploaded June 2021)
- Congregational Profile template (Word)
- Ministry Leadership Profile template (Word)
- Marriage Regulations 2017
For special services such as Ordinations, Inductions, Commissioning, etc, visit our Events, E-Newsletters or contact the Uniting Church Centre at (08) 9260 9800 and talk to Maree Kemp, Executive Assistant to Moderator and Secretariat.
Should you have any queries regarding stipends, allowances, relocation, travel and other ministry entitlements, please refer to the Ministry Handbook.
If you have any queries regarding your current placement and your status of applying to become a Minister of the Uniting Church, please contact either Rev Hannes Halgryn or Amanda Badenhorst.
Please visit our “Work with Us” page for current vacancies.
If you would like to find out more about the Placements Commission or have a related enquiry, please contact: