During 2023, CEDAL, the Commission for Education, Discipleship and Leadership, is undertaking a major review of how they offer education and learning within the Uniting Church in Western Australia. They are currently in their information gathering phase and want to engage as many people as possible in discussions.
This process began at the Presbytery meeting on the 18th of March where table discussions provided the Commission with many ideas and issues. Following on from this meeting they now want to offer more specific opportunities for people to explore topics.
The CEDAL review working group will be hosting seven Zoom Forums leading up to Easter. Everyone is welcome to attend as few or as many as possible. Please join the forums so the Commission can hear what is important to the future of education and learning within the Uniting Church in Western Australia.
The forums are as follows:
- Tuesday 28 March, 6.00-7.30pm – A place or space for education and learning
- Wednesday 29 March, 6.00-7.30pm – Mission and outreach
- Thursday 30 March, 6.00-7.30pm – Theological education
- Friday 31 March, 6.00-7.30pm – Rural ministry, education and resourcing
- Monday 3 April, 6.00-7.30pm – Children and youth
- Tuesday 4 April, 6.00-7.30pm – Lay education (Lay preachers, Pastors and congregational leaders)
- Wednesday 5 April, 6.00-7.30pm – Continuing education (lay and ordained ministries)
Zoom link for all sessions: