An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Administration Assistant to join the Education and Formation team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Presbytery of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth.
The role will involve working closely with all members of the Education and Formation Team and the Commission for Education for Discipleship and Leadership (CEDAL)
This is a 3 year Maximum Term contract, Part-time (0.6 FTE) opportunity.
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Providing general administrative support to the team
- Support of Formation panels (student panels)
- Organising, recording minutes and providing general administrative support for CEDAL meetings.
- Ensuring that accurate records are maintained of the meetings of CEDAL and all its sub committees and that they are archived as needed.
- Booking venues, arranging catering, setting up and organising cleaning for CEDAL events.
- Ensuring that all invoices in relation to events are paid and preparing reports on the financial performance of each event
- Attending events as requested to provide administration support
- Organising publicity, advertising and promotion of CEDAL activities in cooperation with the Marketing and Communications Unit
- Providing general financial administration support as required
- Working and contributing to a successful, participatory team environment
As part of a small team, the Administration Assistant will need to be flexible to support other members of the team during busy periods.
The successful candidate will have a proven ability to work in a team environment, excellent communication skills, effective time management skills and the ability to pay strong attention to detail.
They must have knowledge of and experience with event management, minute taking and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
To apply, please email a cover letter outlining why believe you’re the best candidate for this specific role, together, with your resume to email@example.com
Candidates will need to demonstrate a capacity and willingness to work within the Christian ethos and polity of the Uniting Church. Candidates must have the right to live and work within Australia.