Expressions of interest are invited from Ministers of the Word, Deacons or Pastors to fill a vacant placement within the Synod of Western Australia.
About the Role
The Pilbara Patrol Bush Chaplaincy is an outreach of the Uniting Church in the North of Western Australia, funded by Frontier Services. The aim of the role is to offer emotional, physical, and spiritual care and support to people living in this remote area.
The Pilbara Patrol Bush Chaplain will be responsible for:
- Seeking opportunities to conduct services of worship, a celebration of the sacraments, and participating in liturgies and ceremonies as appropriate.
- Providing pastoral care to people living and working within the bounds of remote areas, paying particular attention to critical pastoral situations.
- Guiding and equipping the members of the Church for their witness in the community as well as nurturing candidates for baptism and confirmation.
- Establishing relationships with community organisations and services to build an effective referral network for people in need.
- Coordinating and assisting in any response of the Church in Western Australia to disasters or major emergencies in the area.
- Reports to: This position reports to the General Secretary and Frontier Services.
- Relates to: The Convener of the Disaster Relief and Community Recovery Committee, the Pastoral Relations Committee, and the Presbytery of WA.
- An Ordained Minister of the Word or Deacon, or a Lay Member with appropriate theological qualifications, experience and a willingness to become a pastor in the Uniting Church.
- A member or willing to become a member of the Uniting Church in Australia.
- Acceptance of the Basis of Union, Regulations, Polity and Ethos of the Uniting Church.
- The ability to reflect biblically and theologically within a remote area context.
- Effective pastoral skills, including mediation, conflict resolution and change management skills.
- Willingness to work flexible hours and away from home as required.
- Current Working with Children Check, Police Clearance, First Aid Certificate and Driver’s License.
To express interest or request more information including a more detailed Position Description, please contact Rev Dr Andrew Williams by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 08 9260 9800
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.
Application Closing Date: Sunday 23 July 2023