The Uniting Church in Australia was formed in 1977, with the amalgamation of the Presbyterian, Methodist and Congregational Churches, and is the third largest Christian denomination in Australia. Find out more about us at https://unitingchurchwa.org.au/
An opportunity has arisen for a Social Justice Officer to join the Social Justice team at the Uniting Church in Australia, Synod of WA. This position will be based at the Uniting Church Centre in East Perth. This is a Maximum Term until 31 December 2023, part-time (0.8 FTE) opportunity (with possibility of extension).
This role will be involved in the following areas (among others):
- Assisting with the implementation and communication of social justice advocacy and education projects
- Assisting with the organisation of special events such as presentations, workshops, conferences and forums
- Assisting with updating and maintaining the Social Justice Unit’s website and social media pages
- Contributing to the development of resource materials for campaigns and advocacy
- Coordinating and attending various commission, network and partnership meetings, taking minutes as required
- Providing general administrative support as required
Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 3 years relevant work experience and hold broad general knowledge of contemporary society, politics and political processes with an understanding of social justice and environmental issues.
The right candidate will also possess highly developed administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, able to use initiative to solve problems, and enjoy working autonomously whilst being a team player.
This position will provide the right candidate with a personally fulfilling role, working for an organisation that makes a difference to the lives of others and values its employees.
Please email a cover letter outlining why you’re the best candidate for this specific role together with your resume to Andrew Liepins, People and Culture Manager, at email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is Friday 3 March at 5pm.