Applications are invited for a Full-Time Minister/Pastor to fill a vacant placement at Lighthouse Church Geraldton.
About the Placement
Lighthouse congregation is a multi-generational, contemporary, and evangelical congregation of the Uniting Church, located in Geraldton, a large coastal city 420kms north of Perth, Western Australia.
The congregation is focused on authentic worship, Scripture-focussed preaching, and community building. They have a number of vital ministries to children, women and men which are well attended, and they serve the local community in many ways from café lunches to playgroups. The congregation also has a strong overseas mission focus, particularly to Timor-Leste. They have several staff and a large body of volunteers.
This single ministry placement is supported by a willing team of lay leaders, lay preachers, and committed congregations in each centre (Lighthouse supports two neighbouring rural congregations). The church office has an Office Assistant and an Operations Manager. The church council oversees the provision for ministry and works with the minister to ensure leadership within the ministry areas.
About the Role
The congregation is searching for a leader who is able to:
- Provide authentic spiritual leadership grounded in clear theological discernment.
- Enthusiastically lead worship, prayer, and biblical teaching.
- Work in a diverse community.
- Communicate well and has the ability to offer compassionate pastoral care.
- Provide collaborative and inspirational team leadership.
- Help grow, nurture and develop leaders and members.
- Offer leadership and support to the various missional outreaches of the congregation.
- Facilitate a children and family-focused ministry.
To express interest or request more information, including a more detailed Position Description, please contact Hannes Halgryn by mobile: 0418-718-939 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that all expressions of interest must include a cover letter as well as a Uniting Church Leadership Profile.