Welcome to the Insurance Services page of the Uniting Church in Western Australia (UCWA). The UCWA oversees the insurance of over 190 properties vested in the Uniting Church in Australia Property Trust (WA), along with their business activities.
The Uniting Church Risk and Insurance team (UCRI) is here to help you navigate all your congregation and mission insurance issues.
We work for you to negotiate, purchase and manage the insurance programs that protect the assets, earning and liabilities of the various Agencies, Instrumentalities, Schools and Congregations of the Uniting Church.
The insurance industry has faced unprecedented losses from severe weather challenges and cyber-crimes in recent times. With the hardening of the insurance markets, UCRI continues to play a pivotal and proactive role to help mitigate premium cost rises.
Read on to access the information you need to make a claim, or find a relevant form.
Have a question? Check out our Insurance FAQs. If you can not find the information you need please contact our friendly team using the details at the bottom of this page.
Our role includes:
- Day-to-day general management of the insurance programs and claims
- Providing insurance advice to all Caring Agencies, Instrumentalities, Schools and Congregations
- Liaising with Insurance Brokers
- Management of the self-insurance fund
- Obtaining all necessary underwriting information from Caring Agencies, Instrumentalities, Schools and Congregations to negotiate renewal of the insurance programme
- Allocating insurance costs to each organisation on a fair and equitable basis
- Ensuring Underwriters policies are in accordance with our requirements and retain them for safekeeping
- Keeping regular contact with all Caring Agencies, Instrumentalities, Schools and Congregations
- Issue of Certificates of Currency
- Co-ordinating the Insurance Handbook and Insurance Manuals for all Caring Agencies, Instrumentalities, Schools and Congregations.
Uniting Church Risk and Insurance (UCRI) Team
Insurance and Risk Manager
P: (08) 9260 9832
Insurance and Risk Officer
P: (08) 9260 9835
85-89 Edward Street, Perth WA 6000 | GPO Box M952, Perth WA 6843