Risk Management is the process of identifying, assessing and controlling financial, legal, strategic and security risks to an organisation’s capital and earnings.
The Uniting Church Risk and Insurance office (UCRI) adopts a three-line approach to defending against risk.
This involves the congregations, Uniting Church (WA) Centre staff, and any external, independent specialists needed to provide needed advice.
Three Lines of Defence
Congregations own and manage risks to achieve our Mission and Purpose and as responsible users of properties
For instance, a Church Council notifies UCRI of a potential or actual legal action
Church Centre staff will assist to undertake or coordinate second line measures
UCRI assesses the threat and could inform the Property Team if it is a building issue or people and culture if it is a staff/volunteer issue
External independent specialists will provide advice for the assurance of our Governance Committees
The matter could be escalated to our insurers and their appointed lawyers to act on our behalf
- This worksheet will help you identify the risks in the environment of your congregation or mission.
- This document outlines the policy and approach to risk management in the Uniting Church.
- This document looks at the risk management cycle and identifies ways we can care for one another by managing the risks in our environment.
- This document addresses sexual abuse liability.
- This document discusses cybersecurity risk and mitigation.
Insurance and Risk Manager
P: (08) 9260 9832
Insurance and Risk Officer
P: (08) 9260 9835
85-89 Edward Street, Perth WA 6000 | GPO Box M952, Perth WA